Tuesday 22 November 2011

Brown paper packages tied up with string....

These are a few of my favourite things. Dum Dum Dum Dum. 

Today I got home to a parcel that my parents had forwarded to me for a little pick me up, instead of me waiting weeeeeeeeeks for it. 

My Carmine delivery. This is a new beauty box (this is only their second ever package).  It is £10 a month plus £2.75 p&p, and you receive five products- some full sized and some miniatures.

Now I have been subscribed to Glossybox since the beginning, and I love it. But when I heard about Carmine I have got to admit I was very excited. I decided I would not allow myself to subscribe to both of these boxes, but simply to receive one Carmine, and then decide on my favourite. However I loved the first Carmine box so much, I felt it was only fair to make my decision after another (and maybe another) :-P  

  








This months theme was "Fame and Good Fortune" which means every product is linked to a celebrity. This is explained along with a description of each product on this cute little card. 



Now I have got to admit one of my favourite things to do is research how much all these products would be worth- we all want our money well spent. So I thought I would share this impressive figure with you as I cannot believe it.

£61.90


From left to right. 
  1. Dainty Doll Eyeliner Pencil in 004 Shake Your Tail Feather  (Nicola Roberts Makeup line) £10.50
  2. Neom Organics Real Luxury Body Lotion £4.90
  3. Cosmetics A La Carte Brow Ink in Taupe £22.00
  4. New CID i-Pout lipstick in Damson £15.00
  5. Lulu's Time Bomb Flashback Night Cream £9.50 


1, 3 & 4 

I found the dainty doll eyeliner applied smoothly, but the colour was quite pale after the first application, however as shown above when worked on it is a beautiful shimmery turquoise green colour. The Cosmetics A La Carte Brow Ink can also be used as an eyeliner or body ink; it is semi permanent (these words scared me slightly although the website assures it can be removed with cleanser). This colour is too dark for my eyebrows and to be perfectly honest, I do nothing with my eyebrows ever! But as an eyeliner it is so easy to apply with its felt tip pen like appearance. 


My favourite goodie this month is definitely this lipstick... it has a built in mirror and light!!!! Allowing you to apply it anywhere :-) pretty nifty eh? (Sorry the picture does not do it justice) It is lovely to apply, slides on so easy and is really moisturising. Plus the colour is beautiful. All my best bits about a lipstick! 







All in All.... I think this box is really good value for money, and offers a range of products. How am I ever going to make a decision???

lotsoflove

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-47708078-1