Tuesday 19 March 2013

The tale of a sparkly dress.

I was innocently browsing hundreds of beautiful dresses in House of Fraser recently when this sparkly fellow caught my eye. It was love at first sight despite the fact I have a few rather similar dresses. After a quick consultation with my best friend who assured me I could never have too many sparkly dresses, I will love it just as much as the rest and it will have plenty of appearances out of the wardrobe- I was convinced I could not leave without it and equally convinced I really should get rid of Sarah and her encouragement. 

The price... £18.00 reduced from £45.00. I then remembered I had a £20.00 voucher as I had signed up for a store card previously. Naughty Naughty- I am just too nice to say no. A free dress, yes please. I skipped to the till and handed over my voucher and store card to the bored swishy looking shop assistant. 

"Sorry you cannot use this voucher"
**puzzled look**
"It is for Debenhams"

Then I remember that yes I actually got a Debenhams store card, and I became a dumbass. I also felt guilty refusing to open a House of Fraser store card when she clearly knew I had a Debenhams one so guess what? I opened one. 

Please tell me you have tried to pay with a voucher in the wrong shop before? But on the plus side, look at my new friend. Who I cannot look at without grinning as this is not any sparkly dress, it is a sparkly dress with a story.  


lotsoflove

xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you got a gorgeous dress outta it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done worse I think, I'm always sticking cards in the machine to pay that are not my credit cards. Vouchers, oyster card and one terribly embarrassing time in Beyond Retro (where the staff are so 'cool' and snobby) my Bingo card. Yes I have a Bingo card :(

    But back to the dress! Gorrrrrgeous! Such a bargain too xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-47708078-1